Fowler Baty Venture XT 2510 CNC
Venture XT CNC with Fusion 3D software, (X) 9.8″/250mm x (Y) 4.9″/125mm x (Z) 6.1″/155mm, includes controller and 2, 19″ monitors, TP2 touch probe and CNC zoom lens
Venture XT CNC models take the power of Fusion software one stage further by completely automating the inspection process. Using a combination of non-contact (camera) and contact (touch probe) methods, advanced measurements including scanning and best fitting can be completed in a single automated inspection, without taking up the time of skilled operators.
CNC programming is a simple teach and repeat process. Just measure the part once and a full CNC program is created automatically. The zoom lens can also be controlled so that magnification changes are all recorded into the program. CNC programs can also be created offline from CAD models.
Large Measurement Volume
The use of a touch probe is optimized on a CNC system. Measurements from data points taken using the touch probe can be combined with those taken using Video Edge Detection for optimum speed and reduced inspection times. This provides a truly universal measuring instrument combining the capabilities of a CMM, optical comparator, microscope and visual inspection in one compact instrument.
A probe changer rack can be installed so that the probe modules fitted with a variety of pre-calibrated styli can also be used in the same inspection. When a change of stylus is required, the system automatically puts the current probe module back in the rack and picks up the next to continue the inspection process.
Programming using the touch probe is easy, simply probe each element of the part using the minimum of points to create a program template. This process can be done at the machine using the actual part, or off-line using a CAD model. Measurements made using the camera are also automatically added to the current inspection program. Unique conditions are saved with each measurement so each element is measured in exactly the same way (lighting, edge detection settings etc.) for every part in a batch.
Standard CNC system features include:
• Teach and repeat programming
• Programmable segmented LED lighting
• 6.5:1 zoom optics (with optional CNC control)
• Zoom lens error mapping for increased accuracy in the field of view
• Optional 12x zoom optics
• High resolution 0.5µm scales for increased accuracy
• CAD import/export
• Scanning and best fitting – contact and non-contact
• Fully dimensioned part view
• SPC included
• ExcelTM compatible reports
• 6.3″/160mm or 7.8″/200mm Z axis measuring range on adjustable dovetail slide
• 9.8″/250mm x 4.9″/125mm and 11.8″/300mm x 11.8″/300mm XY stages available
• 2D and 3D program from CAD
• Image stitching allows full part to be reviewed in the camera window